DC Group, an electrical-industrial company, hired Greiner Construction to assist them to remain at their North Minneapolis headquarters location and provide the necessary relief of space restrictions due to their recent growth. The scope of work includes the new construction of additional office space, parking ramp and the renovation of their existing office space.
Completed in multiple phases, Greiner first tore down the existing, vacant warehouse that is connected to their office, built a parking ramp, built the office expansion, assisted in relocating employees to the new facility, and renovated the interior of their existing office space. The whole construction process was completed while occupied, during working hours, and with constant communication with DC Group’s staff and guests.
The scope of work includes:
– Demolition of vacant 10,370 sq ft warehouse
– Contaminated soil correction
– Soil retention will be drilled due to close proximity of neighboring buildings
– New construction of two-story, 27,843 sq ft structural steel building that will house the reception and warehouse
– Load bearing pre-cast concrete exterior walls on expansion
– Curved glass curtain wall system
– New construction of a post-tension, two-story concrete parking ramp with 81 parking stalls / 14,660 sq ft
– Renovate existing, two-story, 15,404 sq ft office
Office amenities include:
– High-end lobby finishes
– Decorative railings and wood-slot ceiling/wall system
– Fitness center
– Locker/shower rooms
– Multiple conference rooms
The unique aspect about the new construction of the headquarters building and parking ramp, is that they are designed for DC Group to have the ability to add on for the future vertical expansion.