Converted To Multi-Tenant Office Space
Two Historic Warehouse Buildings
The two commercial parcels, both owned by the Hillman family since the early 1950’s, were operated as a one-story mechanical garage and a three-story warehouse, both built in the 1880’s. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, our team worked closely with the State Historic Preservation Office (“SHPO”) to demolish and abate all of the hazardous materials, dry ice blast the structures, restore the original beadboard ceilings, repair masonry, refurbish the historic windows on the South elevation, create new masonry window openings and install new aluminum storefronts.
The scope of work included structurally modifying the interior to remove the hoist elevator and install a new passenger elevator, all new mechanical/electrical/plumbing, two new egress stairways, six new restrooms, remediated contaminated soil under sidewalk, installed new sidewalks/curb/gutters, new rooftop units with a variable air volume system and a brand new roof.